Keeping up with High Performance Computing’s ever-expanding horizon, with a chance of clouds. ☁️
Arm continues to evolve rapidly and stand alongside AMD & Intel innovating the silicon our world runs on!
Linux gets a second programming language soon, Rust! A memory-safe concurrent programming language that uses compiler wizardry to avoid needing a garbage collector and works as a low-level language like C and a higher level language like C++.
With memory-safety bugs constituting a large portion of high-level security issues, any move towards memory-safe performant languages is great news!
- Community Release Update | OpenSFS
- Next LTS 2.15.x supports RHEL 8.5 servers and clients based on RHEL 8.5 / SLES15 SPE3 / Ubuntu 20.04
- Interoperability with 2.14.x and 2.12.x (prev LTS) 👍️
- GPUDirect Storage
- Lustre 2.16 and Beyond | Whamcloud
- Linux Lustre client state | ORNL
- Benchmarking Lustre Setting Realistic Performance Expectations
- Seems IOR still king of Parallel HPC Filesystems benchmarking